Want to make a difference? When you join the Goodwill team you can feel proud knowing you’re an important part of an organization that is empowering individuals, strengthening families and building stronger communities right here in central Nebraska.
We have an immediate full time opening for an Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day departmental administrative support to the Marketing and Development, Organizational Development, Executive and Retail requiring professionalism, tact, discretion, efficiency, reliability, accuracy and confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
- Perform a variety of difficult to complex administrative functions, including but not limited to; typing, filing, mailings, lamination, printing spreadsheets, processing invoices with Filebound accounts payable system and purchase orders and database applications.
- Able to capture the essence of committee, board and employee meetings, including, but not limited to; creating and sending agendas, tracking attendance and composing minutes that accurately reflect the movement of the meeting and actions taken.
- Perform assigned department projects from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
- Research, prepare and organize materials for grant proposals or special projects.
- Organize special events and assist with volunteer recruitment and training including but not limited to; seasonal barbeques, soup luncheons, and birthday and holiday celebrations.
- Provide administrative support and planning assistance for the Platte River Charity Shoot, and Annual Awards Dinner.
- Switchboard and reception duties during break and lunch times.
- Attend and provide support for special events and agency functions.
- Maintain, in conjunction with Accounting Department, Community Pool Master Trust records.
- Provide support to Marketing and Development departments.
- Proficient navigation and use of donor software Raisers Edge including, but not limited to, data entry, creating reports, preparing mail solicitations (custom mail merge letters and mailing lists), preparing monthly pledge invoices, monthly reconciliation with accounting, maintaining database protocols and processes.
- Ability to fulfill photography needs for retail, services and all events.
- Responsible to update branding collateral in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in creating, scheduling and posting engaging communications for social media and writing articles for company newsletter.
- Responsible to manage and grow social media engagement.
- Responsible for updating on-line platforms including, but not limited to, organization website, Google Business and Goodwill Industries International.
- Order, maintain and distribute Goodwill logo merchandise.
- Provide support to Human Resources including, but not limited to, creating and updating organization charts, conducting and tracking safety activities (vehicles, AED units, drills, facility storm shelters), monitoring and verifying essential labor posters at all locations, communications to employees (new hires, promotions, terminations), research, write and distribute communication on cultural diversity, safety and other topics as directed.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Timely arrival and consistent attendance.
- Perform duties in conformance with Goodwill Value Statements: Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conducts, fraud, and fiscal mismanagement or misappropriate of funds. (Refer to Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for reporting instructions).)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or its equivalent, plus at minimum an Associate’s Degree in office technology, business or related field with a minimum of three years practical administrative experience or any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Proficient utilizing all aspects of Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to edit documents for grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to; multi-function printers, multi-line phone system.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Matching 403b Retirement
Qualified candidates should apply online:
Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization provided services and support to over 2,000 people living with disabilities and barriers last year across greater Nebraska. Programs are available for individuals experiencing a developmental disability, mental health condition, substance use disorder, mental illness, acquired brain injury or face barriers such as poverty or involvement in the legal system. Services promote independence and access to the community, help people become successfully employed, support goals of wellness and recovery, teach responsible behavior and provide safe and affordable housing. EOE.