- Handle inbound contacts pertaining to benefits
- Eligibility and claim status from internal and/or external customers
- Applying advanced skills and procedures to provide a high level of value and service
- Customers include, but not limited to providers, members, employers, employees, agents and 3rd parties.
- Ability to learn and understand a broad range of benefit and claim products
- Excellent customer service while answering questions
- Gathering information and completing effective and timely applicable documentation for each call
- Ability to efficiently navigate and use multiple technology solutions
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute with proficient computer skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and be able to wear a telephone headset for an extended period of time.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Plus 3-5 years related work experience and/or experience in dental insurance field/experience in the Member Service Representative position