Reports to: Operations Manager
Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 50 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 450 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
The Warehouse Operator 2 is primarily responsible for running multiple pieces of equipment such as bin gates, feeder, scalper conditioner, sizing mill, gravity table, de-stoner, color sorter, and distribution equipment to the final product bins. This position will ensure bin clean out and follow Columbia Grains flushing and sequencing guidelines. The Mill Operator will work with the other members of the team to work toward operational goals while maintaining quality and efficiencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform operational duties in an industrial, pulse processing facility.
- Monitor various processing parameters and physically take readings from machinery in all parts of the plant hourly.
- Assess current operating conditions and make process adjustments as needed to keep critical product specifications.
- Perform necessary cleaning duties; to include cleaning machinery and fixing machinery.
- Must work diligently to gain expert knowledge in operational process in order to produce a quality finished product and be able to trouble shoot potential process problems
- General housekeeping and upkeep of working area to include sanitation.
- Monitor and maintain product receiving at multiple locations.
- Assist other operators and other departments as needed.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Must have open availability to work a flexible schedule (rotate days and nights) when production requires including; ability to work entire shift, extended shift hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in an edible bean facility would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of working with a computer and mechanical skills.
- Good work ethic (team environment, both safe and quality), efficient and willingness to perform all required work with good attendance.
- Preferred ability to operate Forklift and Bobcat but not required.
Physical Requirements necessary to perform this job
- Must be able to move freely throughout the crush and refinery to include climbing vertical heights (0-150), walking on elevated platforms, carrying tools and equipment (0-50lbs), exposure to extreme temperatures (0-100 degree Fahrenheit), humidity (0-100%), noise (50db to 100bd), and chemical (SDS sheets available).
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and move up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme climate temperatures, humidity and noise.
- Must be able to work in high places and confined spaces.
- Required to wear protective equipment to include hard hat, safety glasses, protective footwear, gloves, coveralls, and other PPE as required.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer