We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Olsson’s construction services include project administration and observation, project documentation, submittal review, design support, shop drawing review and materials testing. As a Construction Technician, you will perform various types of construction observation and staking. May prepare and administer the pre-construction conference and other project meetings, may assist with project management, provide training for employees, and must be able to handle potential conflicts on projects. Must be able to work in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Construction Inspection and Survey
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
- Empowering others to use their talents
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Experience in the construction observation or construction inspection field
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Valid's driver's license and a good driving history
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.