Entry-Level Construction Technician
201 E 2nd St, Grand Island, NE 68801, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Olsson’s construction services include project administration and observation, project documentation, and materials testing. As an Entry-Level Construction Technician, you will perform various types of construction observation and staking. You will assist with geotechnical and construction materials testing, inspections, and field or laboratory testing for various projects. You will provide daily field report preparation and file management for multiple projects. You must be able to handle potential conflicts on projects and you must be able to work in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team.
- Associate’s degree in a construction related field preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in the construction observation or construction inspection field.
- Interest in construction inspection and survey.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving history.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.