Job OverviewProvide efficient and courteous to guests and enforce high quality presentation. Maintain an appealing, clean and safe environment for the guests and fellow staff. Complete assigned work orders and daily routine maintenance items as required by the Chief Engineer.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesGuest Experience:
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carryout preventive maintenance program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests.
- Maintain the swimming pool and whirlpool to state and local standards
- Replace burned out light bulbs in corridors, stairwells and on building exteriors
- Adjust and maintain timer for exterior lights
- Repair drapery rods
- Preventive maintenance on laundry equipment
- Drain and clean hot water heater
- Repair loose door knobs
- Rotate or replace locks as necessary
- Repair damaged furniture
- Repair locks
- Repair or replace inoperative guest room amenity equipment
- Keep ice and snow from walkways and entrances
- Replace inoperative parts in telephone sets
- Repair leaking or clogged plumbing
- Repair damaged carpet
- Shampoo stained carpet
- Replace or patch damaged wallpaper
- Repair or refasten damaged or loose pictures and mirrors
- Adjust malfunctioning door closures
- Clean exterior windows
- Routine maintenance of lawnmowers and other equipment
- Maintain interior and exterior woodwork and trim
- Caulk HVAC units, windows, bathtubs, sinks and commodes
- Replace or repair damaged HVAC unit deflectors
- Preventive maintenance of vacuum cleaners
- Replace or refasten loose or damaged lamps
- Maintain ice machine
- Maintain downspouts on building exterior
- Repair loose door frames
- Repair and/or replace damaged window screens
- Repair and/or replace damaged room furnishings
- Maintain and/or repair any other equipment or property as the Chief Engineer deems necessary
ACCOUNTABILITYThis is a line level maintenance job in a medium full-service hotel with an indoor whirlpool and swimming pool and banquet facilities that cater to 500 people or less.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTSMinimum:
- 1 year or more experience utilizing power tools and other construction equipment
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Being on your feet for 8 hours straight
- Lifting on a regular basis 75 lbs. or more
- Carrying furnishing or equipment up and down stairs
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License
- Must be able to work outdoors during in-climate conditions, scooping snow, maintaining grounds and other duties as needed
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, other hotel staff, and supervisor.
- Must speak fluent English. Must be able to read, write and perform basic math equal to a GED education.
- Shifts are working day and potential alternating Saturdays and Holiday’s as needed.