Shift your career into high gear with NMC Cat.? ?As Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer, NMC Cat has been serving its loyal Caterpillar customer base for over 85 years.
NMC Cat is looking for a Shop Diesel Mechanic. Our Diesel Mechanics are the cornerstone of our business and key to ensuring that our customers’ machines are back up and running. Previous diesel mechanic experience is required for this opening.
If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to our Recruiting team at [email protected] or 402-891-7555.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES*:
• Complete diagnostics, troubleshooting, and appropriate repairs and rebuilds on Caterpillar equipment in a shop environment
• Reference and interpret service, parts, and diagnostic software to determine problems/malfunctions and to verify repair specifications and parts needed.
• Meets time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards. Escalate unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
• Accomplish repair by following parts ordering process, completing service reports, and giving appropriate verbal or written communication in email or service reports.
WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE NMC Cat:
At NMC Cat, we will provide you with a different set of tools to help you advance your career:
• BALANCE - How many times have you wished for more hours in the day? Between work and home there are many demands on our time. NMC Cat employees appreciate a work environment that promotes work-life balance.
• BENEFITS - It’s important to have an employee benefits package that meets your needs. NMC Cat offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, paid vacation, a retirement plan, and more.
• STABILITY - Since 1938, the company goals have remained constant: to build deep, value-added relationships with customers, employ the most talented professionals, and partner with the best brands in the industry. With this simple approach, this Nebraska Built™ company hopes to remain a prosperous and lasting enterprise for generations to come.
• EMPLOYEE FRIENDLY CULTURE - As a family-owned business for more than 80 years, NMC Cat takes pride in developing strong relationships with its employees. With a company culture built on a foundation of core values, the people of NMC Cat treat each other with the utmost respect and work together toward long-term success. NMC Cat is a company people are proud to work for.
• INVESTMENT IN PEOPLE – NMC Cat’s commitment to its people is first and foremost. Creating a work environment that promotes training and development as well as opportunities for employees to reach their professional goals is something the company strives for every day.
• Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• 401(k) with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
• Paid Military Leave
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NMC Cat:
As a Nebraska-based company with more than 80 years in the equipment industry, NMC Cat is focused on providing a comprehensive line of capital equipment solutions to the many industries we serve. Our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture. The NMC Cat team is focused on enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative equipment solutions with a specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC Cat takes pride in cultivating strong relationships with our customers and our talented professionals; these connections cultivate growth and success, and they are truly the strength of NMC Cat.
Our Values: Integrity, Relationships, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Stewardship
NMC Cat is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. NMC Cat shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
* The job duties listed in this job posting do not constitute a complete and exclusive list. NMC Cat further reserves the right to modify job duties, at any time and in its sole discretion, to meet the needs of the Company.