Chief Construction is seeking Steel Workers to join the Chief team. These positions perform a wide variety of construction activities based upon specific project requirements.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials
- Erect steel frames
- Work around dangerous surroundings and equipment with necessary precautions
- Make good productive decisions without constant supervision
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner with respect to self and others
- Participate in safety activities and wear required protective equipment
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Prior experience of erecting conventional steel and pre-engineered buildings preferred
- Able to lift and carry 50 or more lbs on an occasional basis
- Pass company paid physical assessment and pre-employment drug screen
- Willing to travel or work non-regular hours as required to meet project commitments
- Ability to communicate with other employees and customers
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Construction has been your premier construction company in the Midwest since 1954. As design/build, general contracting, and construction management specialists, we focus on the entire process from concept through completion. Our success in the commercial, industrial, manufacturing, and institutional buildings segments can be attributed to our years of experience and to the use of the latest technological advances in planning, design, engineering, specifications, and construction.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.