Creighton University, College of Nursing (CON) Grand Island, NE Campus invites applications for Special Faculty positions for Spring, Summer, and Fall for the following specialties: Medical/Surgical, Psychiatric / Mental Health, Critical Care, Community Health, Maternal/Child, and Pediatrics.
1) Safety & Quality labs and Health Assessment Lab: hours dependent upon the number of sections (work from 2 – 18 hour/week).
2) Clinical rotations: varying hours/week (from 2 – 18), requires direct supervision of students in the clinical areas.
Well-qualified candidates will demonstrate a commitment to teaching, and practice, and be responsible to educate undergraduate nursing students.
To apply go to: careers.creighton.edu and search by job title, location, or requisition # 220831
- Candidates must possess a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) (or earned doctorate in nursing) OR a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and be currently enrolled in a MSN program.
- A current unencumbered license as an RN in the state of Nebraska, or eligibility for license as required per state bound regulations for teaching across geographic boundaries required.
- Two (2) years of continuous clinical experience.
- Experience in classroom or clinical, and/or on-line instruction preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Clinical expertise in area of nursing
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong collaborative/teamwork ability to motivate, and inspire individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to foster student and staff learning, development, and decision making in support of goals, success, wellness, and needs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations
- Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others
- Mission/Service and Results oriented
- Ability to work at times non-traditional business hours when needed (i.e. weekends, evening, and/or holiday)