Apply theory and principles of civil, mechanical, and structural engineering in planning, designing, and overseeing fabrication of structures under the direction of engineering staff.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Apply engineering steel, building codes and standards to project sales and product design.
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for the manufacturing of structures.
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Respond to manufacturing plant and public suggestions and complaints.
- Conduct materials test and analysis on prototypes using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
- Good Attendance.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Cooperation - How well an employee interacts and assists others; gets along with coworkers and supervisors; willingness to accept assignments and criticism, etc.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Knowledge - Understands responsibilities of current position and relevant information regarding industry standards.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Mechanical Engineering with a structural engineering background from an accredited four-year program.
Experience: Agricultural Industry Background Preferred.
Computer Skills: Required: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, or similar.
Preferred: Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Microsoft Dynamics AX, RISA 3D
Certifications & Licenses:
Engineer in training