ICE MAINTENANCE TECH JOB DESCRIPTION
- Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities and Ice, this position is responsible for driving the Zamboni and Olympia ice resurfacing machines correctly and safely to ensure and maintain acceptable ice conditions.
- Successful candidates will be trained completely on the operation and daily maintenance of the Zamboni and Olympia ice resurfacing machines.
- Additional job functions will include the following:
- Participate in keeping all areas of the facility neat, clean and safe at all times. These duties include sweeping and mopping the rink restrooms, locker rooms, shower areas, lobby, meeting rooms, bleachers and removing trash, changing lights, cleaning rink glass, etc.
- Making sure all entrances are clear and safe of debris and snow.
- Offer excellent customer service to all patrons. Greet customers with a smile and respond to their needs in a kind and courteous manner.
- Sharpen skates
- Full training in this area will be provided.
- Open and/or close the facility as required by completing all security procedures.
- Be available to work nights and weekends.
- Applicants must be at least 18-years old.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be highly motivated to learn new skills, (ice resurfacing, ice edging, etc.), that are essential for a successful rink operation.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and/or written instructions efficiently and effectively.
- This will include the ability to complete daily reports. An understanding of basic mathematics is required to successfully complete these reports.
- Be able to follow safety guidelines and exercise good judgment in all aspects of responsibility.
- Must be physically strong enough to lift and move heavy objects, such as hockey nets.