If making a positive impact in the lives of others is always on your to-do list -- you'll LOVE working with a team that puts people first.
We're looking for a Certified Medication Specialist to join our team!
As a Certified Medication Specialist, you'll be responsible for administering routine medications to the people we serve as directed by the prescribing physician and providing support as requested by the supervisor.
Who will love this job:
- A proud advocate - you naturally stand up for people while remaining compassionate, responsive, inventive, and effective
- A go-getter - you're always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve processes, build others up, and make the world a better place
- A collaborator - you naturally draw people together while remaining calm and focused, even in emotionally charged situations
What you'll do:
- Administer proper medication as directed by prescribing physician and in accordance with state certification, company policy, and CMA standards.
- Document daily administration of medication and notify appropriate personnel of any medication errors.
- Monitor medication inventory by properly disposing of any expired medications, and logging in new and refilled meds to ensure proper medication counts.
- Monitor assigned home's inventory for proper labeling of medications
- Detect, document and address signs of illness or injury which warrant medical or nursing intervention and perform first aid according to approved training as needed.