CountryHouse in Grand Island, NE is hiring! We are Agemark Senior Living Communities and for the third consecutive year, we are certified #12 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services 2021! We are looking for a Director of Nursing. At Agemark, our 30+ years’ experience in Senior Living has given us the insight to focus on what matters for our Residents, their Families and our Employees. We take care of those that took care of us and believe in the philosophy - “Never forget the hands that raised you!”
Your next job as a Director of Nursing will be overseeing quality, continuity and appropriateness of care by providing direction to the wellness staff through communication with residents, families and staff assuring individual care.
- Lead by example interacting with residents and staff. Walk the building and be involved in care.
- Develop and oversee implementation of resident service plans to comply with doctor orders and meet health care needs.
- Communicate with residents, families, staff, physicians and other health care providers regarding resident health issues and service plans.
- Review and update service plans according to state requirements.
- Perform and supervise the performance of individual nursing services as required.
- Provide direction and monitoring to all wellness staff.
- Implement wellness program to maximize health through education and preventative care.
- Assess prospective residents to determine care needs and potential residency.
- Coordinate wellness service procedures to move in new residents.
- Train and orientate as well as lead and coach staff concerning wellness services function and procedures as directed; provide staff in-services as required.
- Identify at-risk residents and help create risk management plan. Evaluate resident conditions for changes or systems.
- Facilitate alternative placement or supplemental care if needed.
- Oversee medication setup and delivery system.
- Respond to resident emergency calls, review and document emergency call responses.
- Ensure safe, secure storage of all medications, supplies and equipment.
- Assure accurate and timely documentation and submission of services provided for resident billing.
- RN (preferred) or LPN.
- Valid license for applicable state.
- 1 year working with seniors. Knowledge of health factors in seniors needed.
- 2 years people management experience.
- Knowledge of medication, dosage, terminology and medication side effects.
- Proven track record of integrity, verbal/written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Encouragement of independence, healthy choices advocating for safety and dignity.
- Ability to work additional hours which could include evenings and weekends.
- Given that we are in the healthcare industry, in order to protect both our team members and senior population we service, COVID vaccination is a mandatory condition of employment* and opportunities to receive the vaccine, free of charge are available at Agemark. *Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis.
“Agemark and all its divisions are a family-owned and operated company with exceptional values on customer care! Although we specialize in senior housing, our "family" goes well beyond those we care for. Our employees are truly our family.”
We believe in taking care of our employees by offering:
- Competitive earnings
- Full Health, Dental and Vision Benefits including paid life insurance
- 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual Profit Sharing
- FREE Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement along with licensure and certification coverage
- Free meals 1x a day during your shift
- Legal services to draft a Will, Power of Attorney or Living Trust
- Membership with company discounts. 20%-70% off on movies, shows, concerts, hotels, sporting events, wellness and wireless
- Professional Development courses
- Referral bonuses
Family-owned and it shows! Agemark Senior Living Communities embraces FOUR core values: Professionalism, Commitment, Integrity and Compassion. If you believe in doing what feels right, advocate for our elderly community, and want to be part of our Great Place to Work, we would love to hear from you. The Silver Tsunami is coming, and we are in the fastest growing industry. Apply and be a part of our organization where it’s our job to create a purposeful life for our loved ones and be the change we all want to see in our world. EOE.
Click here to apply online!