Wedgewood Care Center is a beautiful community in Grand Island, NE, with more than 70 units offering skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Minimum Data Set Nurse to join our team!
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable managed care, Medicare, and state Medicaid regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal/state regulations regarding the MDS and care planning process.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately complete all resident assessments and appropriate care plans to meet resident care needs.
- Assists with pre-admission screenings to determine/prepare for resident care needs.
- Maintains current MDS status of every resident according to state/federal guidelines.
- Schedules residents for appropriate admission, quarterly, annual or change of condition resident assessment and oversee communication to nursing and other departments.
- Responds to resident condition changes by coordinating re-assessments/revisions to the plan of care.
- A licensed registered nurse with health care experience in an acute or long-term care setting preferred
- LPN/LVN only under the direction/supervision of an RN, RN preferred
- Current unrestricted state license to practice as a nurse
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
About Five Star:
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.