CountryHouse in Grand Island, NE is hiring! We are Agemark Senior Living Communities and for the third consecutive year, we are certified #12 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services 2021! In this Full Time Med Aide position on the overnight shift, you'll be responsible for providing medication to residents and following procedures and statutes regarding dispensing medication, recording and observing for side effects. You’ll be working with the elderly and helping to oversee nursing services. Also, given that we are in the healthcare industry, in order to protect both our team members and senior population we service, COVID vaccination is a mandatory condition of employment* and opportunities to receive the vaccine, free of charge are available at Agemark. *Exceptions are made on a case by case basis. Help us work to create an environment you would want for YOUR loved one!
When we say “We’re like family”, it means something!
The truth about families is that no two are alike. But big or small, traditional or laid back, here’s what all healthy families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect one another, even in the tough times. For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark a family of happy, engaged and productive employees – and of grateful, happy customers. You’ll feel the difference the moment you walk through the door of any one of our communities.
Full Time Med Aide position details
- Provide medications for another person according to the Five Rights.
- Record medication provision.
- Observe, monitor, report, and otherwise take appropriate actions regarding desired side effects, interactions and contraindications associated with the medication.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as outlined in the resident service plan and within the parameters of State and Federal regulations.
- Display willingness to be instructed regarding agency policy and procedures for medication administration, and evaluated regarding routine medication administration, PRN medication administration, and additional activities by a licensed health care professional.
- Timely reporting to the licensed health care professional with any questions about resident’s medication or health
- Assist with laundry, housekeeping and programming as needed
- Must be able to work as a team while being accountable for own tasks
- Full time hours on the overnight shift
Full Time Med Aide knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements
- Knowledge of medication, dosage and terminology.
- Proven track record of integrity along with being detailed and accurate
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Work independently and/or interact with team members at all levels and promote teamwork.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast paced, service oriented, environment.
- 40 hour medication course or higher education required.
- Listed on Medication Aide Registry.
- Minimum of 1 year working in health care environment preferred.
Assessment of Medication Aide must be conducted by a licensed health care professional.
We believe in taking care of our employees by offering:
- Competitive earnings
- Full Health, Dental and Vision Benefits including paid life insurance
- 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- PTO Accrual on DAY 1
- Double pay on Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing
- FREE Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement along with licensure and certification coverage
- Free meals 1x a day during your shift
- Legal services to draft a Will, Power of Attorney or Living Trust
- Membership with company discounts. 20%-70% off on movies, shows, concerts, hotels, sporting events, wellness and wireless
- Referral bonuses
At Agemark, we believe people heal and grow best when they feel like part of a loving family. It’s the foundation for our approach to senior care and it’s also how we choose, train and care for our staff. We’re proud of the fact that we’ve been providing senior living care since 1987. Experience matters. Learning from it gives you perspective and wisdom. It’s the foundation on which we’ve built a better alternative for senior care, one that emphasizes growth and whole-person wellness. Agemark Senior Living Communities embraces FOUR core values: Professionalism, Commitment, Integrity and Compassion. If you believe in doing what feels right, advocate for our elderly community, and want to be part of our Great Place to Work, we would love to hear from you. The Silver Tsunami is coming, and we are in the fastest growing industry. Apply with us at www.agemark.com and be a part of our organization where it’s our job to create a purposeful life for our loved ones and be the change we all want to see in our world. EOE.
Click here to apply online!