The Hotel Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining total operation of the Hotel.
Bosselman has many benefits to offer you that you will not find anywhere else like:
- Paid vacation
- 401K and matching contributions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- A clearly defined path for growth
- On-demand pay with PayActiv (access to earned but not yet paid wages)
- And much more!
Bosselman offers on-demand pay (access to earned but not yet paid wages) through:
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean, professional, and falls within brand standards as well as the Bosselman handbook.
- Ensure that all staff is in proper uniform and neat in appearance.
- Greet and register guests.
- Collect the proper payment including any cash deposits.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner by stating the Hotel name, city and your name.
- Take reservations via phone or walk-in.
- Keep your work area clean, stocked, and organized at all times.
- Brew and serve coffee as needed.
- Strip linens and towels from the rooms upon guest check out.
- Sort and begin laundry as it arrives in the laundry room.
- Ensure the lobby and laundry area is clean and in working order.
- Keep employee rest room and lobby restroom maintained.
- Perform all laundry functions including sorting, washing, drying and folding.
- Set up and verify all wake- up calls.
- Perform light shoveling and salting of sidewalks and entryways during winter season.
- Balance all invoices, cash and check transactions upon end of shift.
- Oversee and work in all departments each week and have a complete understanding of all job duties.
- Perform implementation and ongoing follow-up of company training procedures.
- Develop staff to maintain customer service and brand standard goals.
- Ensure the cleanliness, organization, and overall appearance of the facility meets company and franchise standards and is in proper working order inside and outside.
- Ensure that employee performance and wage reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate Bosselman company values and lead by example. Coach team members in areas on which improvement is needed.Enforce and practice all company safety procedures to ensure a safe environment for employees and customers.
- Attend upper management meetings as required and communicate with upper management on a regular basis.
- Coordinate front office duties and resolve problems. Report any concerns to the Director of Hotel Operations.
- Respond to all guest complaints.
- Record money earned and spent through daily paperwork and proper Bosselman corporate channels.
- Answer questions about hotel policies and services, along with guest complaints, reviews and surveys.
- Purchase supplies and schedule services as needed.
- Assign duties to staff and schedule shifts.
- Schedule and attend monthly staff meetings.
- Attend weekly and annual managers meetings.
- Ensure responsibility of covering all shifts.
- Attend and complete any required brand standard training or conferences.
- Complete all Bosselman LMS training.
- Provide friendly and competent customer service with a smile.
- Report for work in a timely manner when scheduled with regular and consistent attendance.
Additional Job Duties:
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned in a timely manner.
- Directly supervises 10 or more employees.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- Three to five years motel/hotel experience preferred.
- Two to four years Management experience.
- Some post-secondary education in Hospitality preferred.
- Display use of good judgment and demonstrate leadership capabilities.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Current valid driver's license and be insurable to drive.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 50 hours a week.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Must be available to work holidays, weekends, or any shift needed.
- Must be able to communicate in English. – IF APPLICABLE
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Hotel Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.