Credit Management Services, Inc., a Grand Island, Nebraska based account recovery firm, is seeking an In-House Attorney to fill a position in our Grand Island, Nebraska office. Credit Management is a 50 year old regional agency, which specializes in healthcare, bank and retail receivables.
We are searching for a top-notch and energetic professional that can generate revenue by managing collection files and representing Credit Management Services in a legal capacity.
* Obtains account payments by assembling documentation; contacting customers; negotiating settlement or initiating legal action.
* Represents the organization by responding to attorney correspondence; resolving legal issues; preparing and presenting documentation and arguments in legal proceedings.
* Pursues account payments monitoring files during both pre-judgment and post-judgment collection efforts.
* Reviews, edits and files legal pleadings.
* Advises company on compliance with applicable laws by analyzing and interpreting statutes and case law.
* Protects organization's value by keeping collection information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading legal and professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Ideal Candidate Has:
Ideal candidate will have 0-2 years of experience as an Attorney, preferably with a collection or litigation background. Candidate must possess Juris Doctor degree and be licensed to practice law in Nebraska, or will become licensed in 2019. Applicants should possess good computer skills, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), and be able to provide a high level of service and professionalism. Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels are an absolute must. Candidate must have strong leadership, organizational, and strategic skills, as well as a dynamic and engaging personality.
We offer a competitive benefits package including vacation, medical, dental, and 401K plan.
Please email resume and cover letter, including salary history and requirements.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. In no way does this job description constitute a contract, implied or otherwise.
Credit Management Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Credit Management Services, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Credit Management Services, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Credit Management Services, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.