Want to work for a family owned & operated company that has EXCELLENT wages AND benefits??
Starting at $17/hr. DOE
Machine Operator JOB DUTIES:
- Set up and run an assortment of fabrication machines to shear, punch
- Utilizes calipers and micrometers as well as angle, depth, and radius gauges to perform work accurately, and assure quality
- Moves material as needed using the forklift, overhead crane, or other methods of material handling.
- Reads blueprints and tape measure.
- Able to identify and fill out reject and scrap tickets.
- Can recognize assorted tooling requirements (dies, punches, templates)
- Utilizes proper safety equipment
- Completes daily steel reports and other documentation
Machine Operator skills and qualifications:
- Effective communication, include speaking, writing, active listening and taking instruction
- Good leadership and training skills
- Quick troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of following blueprints and manuals
- Excellent mechanical skills, including comfort with using tools to make simple repairs
- Great time management
- Keen attention to detail to identify maintenance, product or operations issues
- Ability to stand, sit or be in other physically demanding positions for long periods of time