- Daily punctuality and attendance are critical as all other departments may rely on maintenance work performed in a timely manner to avoid and/or minimize down-time of machinery for completion of daily work orders to meet customer's deadlines.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment, both interior and exterior for two manufacturing plants and small office complex.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease guns. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Makes minor repairs to parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as trucks, forklifts, floor sweepers, etc.
- May install machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim as needed.
- Assists with snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- May assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.