Position: Operations Manager:
This Operations Manager position helps to lead & develop team members and maximize resources to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and financial goals. This leadership position is also responsible for directing and managing staff, training, inventory, scheduling and production reporting and analysis. If you’re a production and leadership professional looking to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!
- Assists in the management of Supervisors and Team Members to include: interviewing, hiring, training, planning, tracking time and attendance, assigning and directing. Appraising performance, rewarding and corrective coaching/resolution.
- Assists in directing workers engaged in processing, packaging, storing, and shipping food products
- Conducts food safety training and plant meetings when necessary
- Works with plant personnel to communicate schedules/needs and handles exceptions.
- Executes production plans designed on prior shift
- Manages Chemical Room Inventory; works with suppliers and complies with all safety standards
- Works to develop and document SOP’s for all departments / value streams
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate
- Oversees maintenance activities regarding; dismantling, moving, installing, or repairing of machines and equipment
- Responsible to ensure safety and efficiency of the facility, products and employees
- Strives to maintain a well-organized, sanitary and safe plant.
- Remain in compliance with facility SQF standards, USDA regulations, OSHA regulations and City, State & Federal environmental regulations
- Stay current with industry practices and standards through business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulatory literature.
- May Act as Plant Manager in his/her absence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management and/or Food Science
- Plus, 5-8 years of experience is a production environment to include sanitation, forecasting, scheduling and real-time operations management or a combination of education and experience
- Prior management/supervisory experience required
- Prior food plant production experience preferred
- Lean manufacturing background experience a plus
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Root Cause Analysis or Six Sigma experience ideal
- Teamwork is essential
- Full Medical Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Base Salary starting at $65k+/yr (based on experience)
- Paid Time Off, Sick Leave and paid Holidays
- Real Opportunity for Advancement
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume to Professional Division Manager Joal Sochor at: Joals @Associated-Staffing.com.