Job Title: Foster Family Services Consultant
Location: Grand Island, NE
*Interested candidates will need to apply on our website: https://jobs.boystown.org/search-jobs/Grand%20Island%2C%20NE/197/4/6252001-5073708-5069587-5069297/40x92501/-98x34201/50/2
In a career as a Foster Family Services Consultant you have the ability to change a child’s life. This position coordinates the placement of children in foster family homes and develops all aspects of the child's program including developing and implementing the child's service plan, and setting long and short term goals. This position also supervises and monitors foster families to ensure they are providing safe and humane service to the children in their home.
- Screens and assesses child referrals and interviews youth to determine eligibility.
- Assists families with referrals to other community services identified in the plan of service and provides advocacy for the youth and their families to receive entitlements or needed services. Develops and monitors the child's service plan to include collecting initial and ongoing assessment data, developing the service plan and making modifications as necessary.
- Supervises the care and service that the Foster Parents provide including observing their interactions with the foster children and providing them with ongoing feedback on how to best meet their needs.
- Maintains contact with the family and responds to issues/concerns from the family in a supportive and timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Human Services or a related field (Criminal Justice, Psychology, Social Work, Family Studies) and 2 years of human services experience
- Experience in the Boys Town Model or an equivalent program preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work with confrontational clients and their families; necessary temperament to work with children and families experiencing crisis.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and role modeling.
- Intermediate knowledge of the child welfare system.
About Boys Town Central Nebraska:
Boys Town’s programs in Grand Island opened in 1989 to help bring effective care to children and families across Central Nebraska. The site provides two important levels of service to youth and families across the Central Nebraska region.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Nebraska. Unique benefits to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, career development and advancement opportunities within the organization. As far as work culture, we celebrate being actively involved with our communities. Every year, our team comes together for events that take place in Central Nebraska such as Harvest of Harmony, Children’s Day, All Hollow’s Eve, For the Love of Children, Project Connect, Child Abuse Awareness Month and Fantasy of Trees.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.