Youth Care Worker
Location: Grand Island, NE
*Interested applicants may apply online by visiting our website:
In a career as a Youth Care Worker you have the ability to change a child’s life.
Youth Care Workers play an important role in meeting the needs and furthering the development of youth and families. In our Intervention and Assessment Services, you will see the elements of the research-proven Boys Town Model® at work. These elements include: teaching skills, building healthy relationships, creating a family-style environment, encouraging self-government and self-determination, and promoting moral and spiritual development.
*This position is typically scheduled 4 days per week, mainly evenings, with rotational day and overnight shifts, and some weekends.
- Assess and monitor youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Utilize the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with each youth’s individualized service plan often focusing areas such as: independent living skills, social skills, personal hygiene, behavioral issues, and interaction with their peers.
- Monitor youth activities to maintain a safe living environment at all times.
- Observe and support each youth’s academic performance to encourage educational success.
- Transport youth to activities such as school, appointments, and outings (which is why we require a valid driver’s license).
- Participate in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families and assist in processing documents for youth intake and departure, progress summaries, and incident reports.
- To be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stay awake overnight (10:15pm-6:45am)
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to pass a MVR Check
- Strong desire and ability to work with youth
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to attend a two weeks paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
About Boys Town Central Nebraska:
???????Boys Town’s programs in Grand Island opened in 1989 to help bring effective care to children and families across Central Nebraska. The site provides two important levels of service to youth and families across the Central Nebraska region.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Nebraska. Unique benefits to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, career development and advancement opportunities within the organization. As far as work culture, we celebrate being actively involved with our communities. Every year, our team comes together for events that take place in Central Nebraska such as Harvest of Harmony, Children’s Day, All Hollow’s Eve, For the Love of Children, Project Connect, Child Abuse Awareness Month and Fantasy of Trees.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time, Rotational
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.