The Grand Island Area Economic Development Corporation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the creation, retention, and expansion of economic opportunities for the Grand Island, NE area. We are looking for a highly-organized, self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A bachelors degree is required for this position.
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
1. The Project Manager will assist the President with business recruitment, expansion, and housing programs and efforts. This assistance can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Request for Proposals (RFP) from Nebraska Department of Economic Development and outside business inquiries
- Facilitate the City of Grand Island’s Local Option Economic Development Program (LB840)
- Assist President to manage EDC owned assets and facilitate EDC’s Build Grand Island, LLC revolving loan fund
- Write and coordinate additional grant funding to be used for residential housing
- Coordinate with developers and media all ground breakings, ribbon cutting, and open house events
- Coordinate entrepreneurial initiatives, programming, and events
2. The Project Manager is responsible for all organizational marketing efforts and events produced by the GIAEDC or contracted to a third party. The Project Manager will stay up to date with latest marketing trends, be mindful of appropriate inbound and outbound audiences, and identify best uses for marketing budget.
3. The Project Manager will represent the GIAEDC at public events, community meetings, and specialized committees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: On location