At Calm Nights® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means
we need you to:
we need you to:
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Job OverviewOversee all function planning of the Conference/Convention space. Ensure that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and planned within client expectations. Upsell client events and manage function space and room block inventory to maximize hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfill group contract commitments.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesPeople:
- Effectively communicate with clients/potential clients by returning all calls as soon as possible but no later than 5 pm of the following business day.
- Plan assigned work and establish performance and development goals for yourself. Provide regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team performance and recognize good performance.
- Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, wholesalers, travel agencies, local community groups) in order to produce and/or improve group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales and catering/banquet services.
- Weekly function information will be given in a report or BEO format to all departments by close of day Wednesday, with the exception of meal counts which fall under the contract timelines.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: Guests, Vendors and other contacts as needed.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guest’s meeting /banquet experience.
- Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks and VIP services.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
- Analyze and create action plans for client satisfaction from surveys to improve services.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups and other key guests.
- Upsell guests on hotel services, offerings and amenities.
- Identify operational problems within your control that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and meet with Banquets, F&B and bar managers as a team or individually at their discretion after Noon on Thursdays to review any questions for the upcoming week’s business.
- Perform the maintenance of the information kiosk to ensure it contains current information pertinent to guests in house.
- Lead the Facebook, LinkedIn marketing efforts and play a key role in online market information and other networking avenues.
- Other responsibilities as necessary with business growth and development.