GSI Engineering, LLC (GSI) is an innovative industry leader in geotechnical, environmental, drilling, and materials testing services, known by our clients for delivering superior service and cost-effective solutions. The company provides consulting services on a wide range of projects.
GSI is seeking candidates for a full-time Driller Helper position in our Grand Island, Nebraska office. The successful candidate will have the desire and ability to work outdoors in all climates and travel regionally, the ability to safely lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly, and the capability of obtaining experience in all phases of geotechnical and environmental investigation techniques. The successful candidate will have strong mechanical skills and the ability to take accurate and complete field notes. Must be self-motivated and able to follow directions and work successfully with staff at all levels.
- Assist lead driller in the operation of Central Mine Equipment (CME), Mobile, Diedrich, and Geoprobe drilling equipment.
- Assist driller with the following tasks: drilling with hollow stem augers and continuous flight augers, rock coring using conventional and wire line methods, standard penetration testing and thin walled tube soil sampling, and constructing monitoring wells and piezometers.
- Maintain technically accurate and neat field logs.
- Execute project specific health and safety programs in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulations, and/or project specific requirements.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency and client requirements and procedures.
- Sample monitoring wells with pumps or bailers, and prepare samples for shipping.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Class “A” or “B” CDL license
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, with current 8-hour refresher.
Overnight travel will be required. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. GSI offers a competitive benefits package, including: medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan plus guaranteed match, Section 125 cafeteria plan, and paid holidays/paid time off. Please apply online at www.gsinetwork.com.