At ALLO, we believe people are our biggest asset. Our team brings the ALLO mission to life because as local members of each community, we live, work, play, and volunteer right here with you. We're passionate about being involved and contributing to the success and progress of each of our fiberhoods.
We pursue these passions because ALLO leaders have created a workplace where folks are valued, ideas are heard, and work-life balance is an everyday practice.
At ALLO we are in search of enthusiastic, customer focused, go-getters to join our residential installation and repair team. As a part of the Installation and Repair Technician team, you are the face of ALLO you aren’t just the installer but showing and explaining to the customer the benefits of fiber Internet, TV and Phone services.
Do you like interacting with people on a daily basis? You’re in the right place. Like to be a part of a team and are a team player? Again, you are in the right place. Some knowledge and telecommunications or networking is essential, and background in fiber optics is certainly a plus, but we will train you the right way. We are about character and a customer focused person that have an instinct for our core values of Honest, Local, Exceptional and Hassle-Free. If this sounds like the GIG for you let’s talk business.
• Perform installation and repair of residential fiber internet, TV and phone services.
• Neatly run, and terminate fiber inside customer premise.
• Connect fiber to ONT and MST when needed.
• Provide education to customer on products and services.
• Cross training to other functions as needed.
• Ability to accept periodic assignments that involve travel away from immediate home office area based on client needs, business needs and project scope.
• Maintain inventory on common items on company vehicle for daily tasks.
• Maintain company tools and equipment.
Other duties as assigned
• Associates degree or 2-4 years’ or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years Telecommunications experience.
• 1+ years performing installations in a home or business environment.
• A networking background is a plus, but not required.
• Experience testing and terminating Cat 5 and Cat 6 wiring.
• Knowledge and experience with wireless networking and wireless devices.
Here’s what our ideal candidate brings to the team:
• Being a team player.
• Clean and neat appearance.
• Ability to communicate and demonstrate products to customers.
• A clean driving record and be able to pass drug screen
• A general knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
• An understanding of the basics of network routing including wireless.
• The ability to troubleshoot and work through problems in a logical manner.
• Wire fishing and pulling skills.
• Ability to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work with hand tools.
• Bi-lingual is a plus.
• Ability to be flexible on tasks assigned.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, occasionally being on call to serve customer needs.
• Safe handling of all products and maintaining company issued equipment/tools.
• Ability to maintain accurate paperwork (time sheets, change orders, delivery tickets).
• Ability to travel outside of the home office area for extended periods of time based on project and business need.
• You are technically curious and think outside of the box to get the job done.
People are our passion. At ALLO, we don’t treat you like a number. You’re a human being.
Get ready to plug into the perks at ALLO:
- Free ALLO Service: We’ll pick up the tab on your ALLO fiber internet, TV, and phone bill. Seriously!
- Retirement Plan: The fiber future isn’t the only one we care about. We match your 401(k) savings up to 5%.
- Health and Wellness: Participate in quarterly wellness challenges, and we’ll deposit extra cash into your checking or health savings accounts.
- Benefits: Our benefits include medical, vision, and dental with low employee costs. Not to mention a generous ETO policy. Plus, if you’ve got student loan debt, we’ve got a repayment assistance program you’ll want to get in on.
- Sponsorships: Are you passionate about a local fundraiser or philanthropy? We strive to give back to what matters most to our communities.
- Tuition Assistance: Have a thirst for knowledge? We like that, which is why we’re proud to offer assistance with the cost of your tuition.
ALLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing opportunities to all applicants and associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ALLO believes that diversity and inclusion within our team is critical to our success as a company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply may contact Recruiting at [email protected].
Fiber Internet, TV, & Phone | ALLO (allocommunications.com)