Young Professionals Mission: The Young Professionals program is dedicated to cultivating a young, vibrant, professional community in the Grand Island area by providing networking, volunteer and educational opportunities.
The Grand Island Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes the need for young professionals to connect with the community and develop relationships that will help prepare them to be the leaders of tomorrow. The Young Professionals program provides various opportunities for individuals to get involved in the Grand Island community, enhance personal and professional development, and make connections with their peers.
About the Young Professionals (YP)
YP began with a launch in the fall of 2006 and a simple agenda: To enrich our community by uniting and developing our young professionals. The Young Professionals group believes that in Grand Island, members can make the difference they want to see, develop a career that is pleasing to them and grow into the professional that they want to be.
Today, the roster has grown to over 160 young professionals from a wide cross-section of careers and industries. We invite you to help build this momentum by joining us. The Grand Island Young Professionals is dedicated to empowering young professionals with educational, leadership, and networking opportunities. There are many ways to participate and contribute.
Young Professionals is a meaningful networking organization of dedicated, talented young professionals ranging in age from 21-40 in the Grand Island Area. The annual YP fee covers the cost of many of the development and membership activities. The YP fee is $50 for participants employed with/by Chamber partner businesses. For those individuals who are not employed with a Chamber partner business, the fee is $130 for YP participation (which includes an individual Chamber partnership).
• Provide professional development through workshops focused on leadership styles, management, task delegation, and other leadership skill development
• Provide personal development opportunities through workshops on topics such as investment tips, tax preparation, lending and finance, etc.
• Provide community development through informational events supporting community non-profit organizations
• Provide social connections through informal events and activities – after work socials, sporting leagues, membership networking events, etc.
• Provide community connections through coordinated volunteer efforts like Habitat for Humanity Build Day, Humane Society volunteering, Nebraska State Fair YP Volunteer Day, etc.
• Provide social connections through formal events and activities – tours/bus trips, wine tasting events, gala events
• Businesses can utilize the Young Professionals to help recruit new employees to their company
• The Young Professionals can meet with your employees to share information on how they can make connections in the community
• YP is a welcoming group of young peers which enables members to share best practices and discuss ways to improve Grand Island’s quality of life
The Young Professionals will plan various activities throughout the year. For more information on the Young Professionals Program, call the Chamber at 308.382.9210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.