Business After Hours
The primary purpose of a Business After Hours event is to promote the host business’s product and/or services. The Chamber encourages any, and all, promotional materials to be displayed at a Business After Hours event. The agenda of a Business After Hours varies, based on the expectations of the host business. Some have an open house atmosphere, while others prefer a more structured agenda including time to present information to the guests and guided tours.
To schedule a Business After Hours event, contact Abigail at [email protected].
Basics of Business After Hours events:
- The location of the event is determined by the sponsor and the Chamber
- The time of the event is typically on a Thursday from 4:30– 6:30 p.m.
- Business After Hours events are free for Chamber members to attend
- Attendance varies, but the average is 40-100 people
- Sponsorship fee of $500 (if more than one business is sponsoring, the fee is $300 each)
The Chamber will:
- Promote and advertise the event to Chamber members, including an announcement in the "Direction for Business" and "Your Chamber This Week" newsletters, in a free broadcast email, on the Chamber website (www.gichamber.com), and on the Chamber’s social media
- Create name badges for guests using the host company’s logo
- Handle all guest registration
- Provide volunteers to work at the registration table
- Publish a photo of the event in the next Chamber newsletter and on social media
- Provide photos from the event to use in your company and staff promotions
The sponsor will:
- Provide the Chamber with their color logo
- Provide the Chamber with a count of employees attending the event
- Provide the food and refreshments
Upcoming Business After Hours Events